"ART: Communicating a moment of colorful joy from artist to viewer. The moment may be a flower, a field of flowers, a sunset, a feeling, an idea. I feel that art adds peace and depth to one’s soul.
I love to walk and photograph those moments, always with the goal of a tapestry. I need to live to be 500 to weave them all! I sketch, paint, then select yarns of many colors and textures for each weaving. It is exciting to magnify a flower many-fold to express the beauty and complexity of its center and colors. I love to weave a sunset sky. I hope my catching a moment will 'catch your eye.' - Elaine
SEE some of my award winners on this page.
- Invited artist as part of celebration of the History of Visual Arts in Boulder (HOVAB) from 1890 to present in fall 2016
- Fiber Celebration , regional juried show at Niza Knoll Gallery in Denver's Santa Fe Arts District
- EIGHT national juried biannual shows with Handweavers’ Guild of America' s Convergence, Honorable Mention in 2014 - SEE "Antelope Canyon Impression" ABOVE, "Red Indian Paintbrush" was chosen for the Front Cover of the HGA magazine 2017
- First prize in Fiber at 60th Annual Gilpin Arts Show in Central City, CO in 2007, Special award in 2013
- First Prize at Boulder Handweavers Guild Show Dec. 2011, Invited exhibitor at 50th Anniversary show at The Dairy 2014
- “Threads” Show at Tubac Art Center, Tubac, AZ fall 2013
- Fiber show at Evergreen Center for the Arts, summer 2013
- One person exhibit, part of the National Center for Atmospheric Research 50th Anniversary in Boulder 2012
- Earlier: 3rd place in a 2 year traveling exhibit in 17 southwest art centers; Art Craftsmen of Boulder Show at Boulder Contemporary Art Museum